Monday, July 1, 2013

Sunday in London


Today's blog entry is from Josie and her host sister Kotryna.

Hi everyone!!
This morning I went to a Lithuanian Church since my host family is from Lithuania. The church itself was so beautiful! It had a mural up on the back wall and was held in a very pretty building!!  The mass was in Lithuanian so I couldn’t understand what they were saying but I had an English version of all the readings so I could follow.  I had always learned that the Catholic mass was the same in every language but this was the first time I was able to experience how similar it was in every country.  The service was the same as it is at Ursuline Academy but it was in a different language! It was really fun and was such a great experience for me because I had never been to a mass spoken in a different language.


I also went to the Shard in London! The Shard is a really cool building that gives you a great view of the London skyline! It was built in the same shape as a shard of glass and it is also made from glass which reflect the sunlight! I think the building itself is very pretty!

We went up to the 69th and 72nd floor to look at the London skyline.  On the 69th floor there were electronic telescopes that let you see all the buildings and read some information about the building and when it was made.  From the balconies we saw the London Eye, St. Paul's Cathedral, the Thames River and Tower Bridge.  It was such a great view and I would love to go back again.


Thanks!! XOXO
Josie and Kotryna 





1 comment:

  1. Hi everyone - It sounds like you are having a marvelous time - we miss you Jessica! Love, The Patricks

    ReplyDelete