Wednesday, July 3, 2013

Cabinet War Rooms!

We had such a fantastic day visiting the Cabinet War Rooms! Our first post will be from Lauren.

Today, July 3rd, we went to Churchill's War Rooms. It was so surreal seeing where Churchill made decisions about World War II and hid from the bombings. There were map rooms with pinpoints on them that described where the enemy was located and where they planned to attack. We were shown a really cool video on Churchill before we entered the actual museum part. I bought some cool World War II things for my parents, (shout out to Barbara and Gary Thomas-miss and love y'all!) I'm so happy I went to experience such an amazing place that was connected to one of the most important wars in U.S. and British history. It was even cool to see signs that say "Loo to your right", obviously meaning toilets. I had an awesome time! 


Students simulating plans for Operation Fortitude




No comments:

Post a Comment